Active Living for Stroke Rehabilitation
Join us as we acknowledge World Stroke Day by promoting active living!
Why ACTIVATOR Poles?
- Focuses your attention on moving your arm during walking
- Increases your speed and endurance for walking
- Improves arm strength and flexibility
- Improves balance to prevent falls
- Promotes alignment in posture to reduce trunk rotation
- Very motivating and fun way to stay active for life!
All are welcomed to attend
The Activator Poles by far are the most effective tool I’ve ever used! Overall It’s been great for my Rehab and great for my Recovery.
Lynn Bellanger, CVA client (pictured here)
Learn about an innovative tool to improve the outcomes for stroke clients for facilitating movement of the affected side, normalizing arm swing and gait patterns, improving balance and posture. Find out how therapists are using the ACTIVATOR Poles (patent pending) & technique to facilitate a more normal gait pattern compared to canes, crutches and walkers and using poles with seated, standing and pre-gait exercises.
- Brief Review of evidence based studies
- Case Studies of 2 CVA Clients
- Activator technique for stability and balance
- How to modify the technique for CVA clients
- Learn about a new grip prototype for clients with limited grip strength
- Videos of exercises for improving balance, movement and awareness of the affected side
Presenter: Mandy Shintani, BSc (OT), MA (Gero)
Excerpts from experienced physiotherapists in neurology
Audience: rehab professionalsView Oct 2017 Recorded Webinar View May 2017 Recorded Webinar
The most important aspect of Nordic walking is to just enjoy yourself. After a while, the technique will become second nature and you will feel confident, efficient, and ready to take on the world!
– Mandy Shintani, OT
Tips from the Best