Active Living for Stroke Rehabilitation
Learn about an innovative tool to improve the outcomes for stroke clients for facilitating movement of the affected side, normalizing arm swing, weight-bearing on the affected leg, improving balance and posture. Find out how therapists are using the patented evidence-based ACTIVATOR Poles to facilitate a more normal gait pattern compared to canes and using poles for highly effective bilateral seated, standing and pre-gait exercises. Excerpts from this webinar are from a presentation from the 2018 International Stroke Congress.
- Brief research review – 8 independent studies on the ACTIVATOR Poles
- Case review of 2 stroke clients
- Video excerpt of a presentation from the International Stroke Congress with Peter Vavougois, physiotherapist
- Cane use vs ACTIVATOR Poles
- How to modify the technique for stroke clients
- Videos of innovative seated & standing exercises for improving balance, movement and awareness of the affected side
Presenter: Mandy Shintani, BSc (OT), MA. International speaker and developer of the ACTIVATOR Poles. Video excerpt of physiotherapist, Peter Vavougois providing his presentation from the International Stroke Congress.
Audience: Health Care Professionals
Cost: free (reg. $30). With registration, receive a recording of the webinar within 5 days.
Date: Thursday Nov 22, 2018
Time: noon EST (9 am PST)
Click below for a recording of a previous webinar.Recorded Webinar
Our strapless ergonomic handle was designed to develop “core fitness” as you walk. Pressing the outside edges of your hands against the wide base of the handle engages your core muscles and creates resistance that propels you forward.
– Mandy Shintani, OT
Tips from the Best