Vancouver Sun Run 2014 – 30th Anniversary of the Sun Run!
February 2, 2014 | By Nadia
With its upcoming 2014 event, the Sun Run is celebrating its 30th anniversary and Urban Poling is thrilled to be a part of it! We are also excited to announce that our involvement with the Sun Run will mark the first major event of the Urban Poling Together + Movement. We invite you to come and join us! Details below:
Nordic walking training clinics are underway across the lower mainland through SportMedBC and at Rackets & Runners, and Urban Poling is proud to be the official training centre for these clinics. Register now as registration closes next week.
Alternatively, join Mandy and Jocelyn on Team Urban Poling the day of the Sun Run – Click here to register. Early bird registration deadline date is Feb 7, 2014 for $50.28.
SportMedBC Sun Run Training Clinics
Click here to find Nordic walking clinic locations and registration information.
Rackets & Runners (Sun Run & ongoing Clinics)
3880 Oak Street, Vancouver
Time and Day: 8:30 am on Saturday
Registration: email@example.com or 604 733-9211 or In-Store at Rackets &
Your Sun Run clinic registration fee – $139, plus GST – includes:
- Sun Run InTraining Logbook
- New Balance Lighting Dry Tempo Long-sleeve shirt
- Free Gift with Purchase coupon for a New Balance Women’s Fleece or Men’s hoody (valued at $70) with minimum purchase of $120 at any one of the Sun Run Stores: Rackets & Runners, The Right Shoe, and Peninsula Runners.
- 20% discount coupon off Urban Poling Nordic Walking Poles purchased at any Sun Run Stores: Rackets & Runners, The Right Shoe and Peninsula Runners
- 13-week detailed training programs for all levels
- An individual entry for the Sun Run
- PowerBar performance kit
- Supported training sessions led by SportMedBC-trained leaders
- Weekly fitness workshops on nutrition, injury prevention and more
We look forward to being a part of the 30th Anniversary of the Sun Run and we hope you’ll join us!
Sincerely, Team Urban Poling
Poles assist in maintaining proper posture but at times you may find yourself leaning forward. Remember to keep your spine erect, tummy tucked in, eyes forward, chin tucked and shoulders relaxed. And just one more thing to remember, have fun with it!
–Barb Gormley, Director of Education