Webinar – OTs as the Innovators & Developer
March 9, 2017 | By Urban Poling
Join our presenter she engages participants to:
- Discover why occupational therapists make the perfect innovators and developers
- Gain insight into the challenges and hurdles our presenter personally faced during the development of her mobility device
- Find out about resources for device design – a case study with DesignAbility with the March of Dimes
- Learn 10 practical and easy tips for promoting your private practice or small business
- OTs who are interested in bringing an idea for a device/book/website/service to market
- OTs who want marketing tips for their private practice or small business
About our presenter:
Mandy Shintani, BSc (OT), MA (Gero) is presently the co-owner of Urban Poling Inc which developed the ACTIVATOR poles (patent pending) which are being prescribed instead of canes, crutches & walkers. The poles are found in 400 retailers in Canada and now internationally. The company has been featured in the Globe & Mail, Canadian Living, Zoomer, Ottawa Citizen & CBC. She also has extensive business experience including; private OT consultant and co-founder of Spectrum Rehab (comprised of 6 community rehab sites). In 2010, she was a finalist for the YWCA Women of Distinction Award for Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
Date: May 24, 2017
Time: 12:00pm – 1:00pm Pacific Time
Cost:Free for CAOT-BC members
$15 for non-members
Registration takes only a minute in a few easy steps:
1. Click on registration link
2. Log in to your profile
3. Click “Register”
4. Click “Add to Cart”
5. Click “My Cart”
6. Click “Pay Now”
7. Click “Place Order”
You will receive a confirmation letter immediately after completing your online registration. Please check your spam/junk box, as sometimes these letters can be filtered out of regular email. If you still do not receive a confirmation after completing all the steps, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional support.
Urban PolingCo-directors Mandy Shintani and Diana Oliver are women at different stages of life with very different professional backgrounds, yet they share a dream – to help others realize the many benefits Urban Poling has given to them.
Proper technique allows you to get the maximum benefit from your Urban Poles. When in doubt go back to the 3P’s, Plant, Push Propel. Start slowly, if you become confused, stop & begin again.
–Barb Gormley, Director of Education