Getting Active at Every Age and Stage
With a shocking 70% of children leaving organized sports by the age of 13(1) and obesity rates on the rise(2), we know that we need to be introducing our children to activities that they can do across a lifespan whether they are 5 or 95 years of age!
This webinar will walk through some of the most important and challenging stages of life and present the research on why Nordic Walking can be beneficial for each age group to ensure longevity and exercise adherence across a lifetime!
- Shocking Stats & A look into the Sport-Lifecycle Trends
- What is Nordic Walking?
- Research supporting Nordic Walking for All Ages and Stages;
- Childhood (3-11 Years)
- Adolescence (12-18 Years)
- Adulthood (Pre/Post Natal, Weight Management & Disease Prevention, Pre/Post Hip/Knee)
- Seniors & Mitigating Falls
Time: 12:00-12:45 EST
Date: June 26th 2018
Presenter: Gabriella De Nino, Registered Kinesiologist, CSEP-CPT & NCCP Certified Soccer Coach
Keep your poles more upright and in front of you. Lean forward slightly, and use the poles to help push you up the hill. If necessary, bend your elbows, but remember to transition back to the straight arm technique at the top of the hill
–Barb Gormley, Director of Education
Tips from the Best