Urban Poling (Nordic Walking) Instructor Certification
Our practical and comprehensive 3.5 hour certification course teaches you everything you need to know about Urban Poling techniques and gives you all the materials, tools and support you need to quickly and effectively start your own Urban Poling program or provide private sessions, classes and demonstrations.
“The best prepared and supported online course, I have ever taken.”
– Margaret Parsons, Ontario
Ideal for: fitness instructors, recreation/wellness directors, diabetes educators, health care professionals, teachers and walking/hiking group leaders, and aspiring small business owners. College & University students (scroll down for special programs). No previous experience with Nordic walking is required.
189.99 online or 199.99 live
If you don’t see the live course listed below, Contact Us about setting up an onsite course at your centre for as few as four participants, depending on your location. Our fantastic Master Trainers are available to teach across Canada.
|City||Date & Time||Location||Presenter|
|Online access will be provided after registration. The course can be taken anytime at your convenience and the poles will be shipped directly to you.||Mandy Shintani|
Sat, Nov 19, 2016 11:30 – 3:00
Reg deadline: Nov 1, 2016
Horizon Credit Union Centre – Board Room
Spring dates to be announced or contact us!
Live course includes:
- 50-page online manual
- 1 set of Urban Poles (reg. 99.99)
- Wholesale pricing on poles and accessories
- Secrets of Success course
- Private instructor website – resources and promotional materials
- Monthly instructor newsletter
- Certificate for Continuing Education Credits (CECs) from 9 associations; canfitpro (2 for course + 4 for practicum *), CCAA, OFC (4), BCRPA (4), SPRA (4), MFC (3), AFLCA (3). CESP & YMCA/YWCA upon request.
Online course includes:
- All items listed above
- 2 hours video training and educational content
- Free shipping of poles included with the course in Canada and the US
Note: Participants should only use this knowledge to work within their professional boundaries as determined by their association and college.
Urban Poling (Nordic Walking) Instructor Certification – for College & University Students
Available in a workshop format and can be incorporated into your school curriculum.Learn More
Our strapless ergonomic handle was designed to develop “core fitness” as you walk. Pressing the outside edges of your hands against the wide base of the handle engages your core muscles and creates resistance that propels you forward.
– Mandy Shintani, OT
Tips from the Best