Urban Poling (Nordic walking) Instructor Certification – for College & University Students
The Urban Poling Instructor Certification is designed for students currently registered in a diploma or degree program in physical activity, exercise, recreation, health or chronic disease management.
Upon completion of the course, students will feel confident in their own poling technique on different surfaces, be able to teach participants the correct technique to achieve the maximum benefits described in the evidence-based research studies, and learn how to plan and develop classes and programs and to work one-on-one with clients.
- 50-page online manual
- Wholesale pricing on poles and accessories
- Secrets of Success course
- Private instructor website – resources and promotional materials
- Certificate for Continuing Education Credits (CECs) from 9 associations; canfitpro (2 for course + 4 for practicum *), CCAA, OFC (4), BCRPA (4), SPRA (4), MFC (3), AFLCA (3). CESP & YMCA/YWCA upon request.
- Monthly instructor newsletter
Cost: Student course fee 40.00; with Urban Poles: add 59.99 (reg.99.99)
Contact us to arrange instruction at your post-secondary institute.
Proper technique allows you to get the maximum benefit from your Urban Poles. When in doubt go back to the 3P’s, Plant, Push Propel. Start slowly, if you become confused, stop & begin again.
–Barb Gormley, Director of Education
Tips from the Best