Urban Poling Instructor Course
Thank you for registering for the Urban Poling Nordic Walking Online Instructor Course.
- This course is divided into nine chapters and will take approximately 2.5 to 4 hours to complete. You can pause the course at any point and resume at a later time and also re-watch any of the sections.
- Be sure you have your course manual and your Urban Poling Nordic walking poles available before you begin.
- Be prepared for points where you will pause to practice using your poles (either outdoors or in a large gymnasium).
- The course concludes with a 20-question certificate quiz. After successfully completing the quiz, you will receive an email with a link to download your certificate of completion.
- Upon completion of the quiz, contact us at email@example.com if you require a certificate for the American College of Sport Medicine (ACSM).
Thank you for taking our course. We would greatly appreciate your feedback as this is a new course through our 1 minute survey (see link below)!
Section 1: Background Information & Setting Up Your Poles
Section 2: Get to Know Your Poles
Section 3: The Urban Poling Nordic Walking Technique: How to Do It & How to Teach It
Section 4: Warm-ups, Cooldowns, Muscle Conditioning & High-Intensity Exercises
Section 5: The ACTIVATOR Poling Technique: How to Do It & How to Teach It
Section 6: Starting a Series of Classes
Section 7: Exercises for Older Adults
Section 8: Starting Your Business
Section 9: Final Steps to Certification
When walking on snow covered surfaces, remove the rubber tips to expose the carbide tip which will provide better traction. Add snow baskets to prevent the poles from sinking deep into the snow.
– Mandy Shintani, OT
Tips from the Best