Urban Poling Instructor Course
Thank you for registering for the Urban Poling Nordic Walking Online Instructor Course.
- This course is divided into nine chapters and will take approximately 2.5 to 4 hours to complete. You can pause the course at any point and resume at a later time and also re-watch any of the sections.
- Be sure you have your course manual and your Urban Poling Nordic walking poles available before you begin.
- Be prepared for points where you will pause to practice using your poles (either outdoors or in a large gymnasium).
- The course concludes with a 20-question certificate quiz. After successfully completing the quiz, you will receive an email with a link to download your certificate of completion.
- Upon completion of the quiz, contact us at email@example.com if you require a certificate for the American College of Sport Medicine (ACSM).
Thank you for taking our course. We would greatly appreciate your feedback as this is a new course through our 1 minute survey (see link below)!
Section 1: Background Information & Setting Up Your Poles
Section 2: Get to Know Your Poles
Section 3: The Urban Poling Nordic Walking Technique: How to Do It & How to Teach It
Section 4: Warm-ups, Cooldowns, Muscle Conditioning & High-Intensity Exercises
Section 5: The ACTIVATOR Poling Technique: How to Do It & How to Teach It
Section 6: Starting a Series of Classes
Section 7: Exercises for Older Adults
Section 8: Starting Your Business
Section 9: Final Steps to Certification
The most important aspect of Nordic walking is to just enjoy yourself. After a while, the technique will become second nature and you will feel confident, efficient, and ready to take on the world!
– Mandy Shintani, OT
Tips from the Best