ACTIVATOR™ Course for Rehab Professionals
In this practical 3.5-hour course, you will learn how to effectively use ACTIVATOR poles and Urban Poles for one-to-one treatment sessions and group exercise programs for improving balance, core strength, posture, endurance; for fall prevention; reducing impact on lower extremities and joints; and promoting functional gait patterns for individuals with chronic conditions that affect their balance; for post-surgery and less-active older adults.
Find out how ACTIVATOR poles are being used extensively in all continuums of health care instead of canes, crutches and even walkers (under the direction of rehab professionals). Urban Poling as a fitness activity is being used for short-term rehab for active adults, diabetes management and cardiac rehab.
“Our surgeons are excited about the upright posture that the ACTIVATOR poles achieve with our patients recovering from spinal stenosis surgery. The poles facilitate the biomechanics of a normal gait pattern and at the same time strengthen core muscles.”
~ Hilary Jebson PT, Acute Spine Program Vancouver General Hospital
For: therapists, OTA, PTA, Kins, Exercise Therapists, RA, RT, RD. College and University Students scroll below.
189.99 online or 199.99 liveRegister Now
|City||Date & Time||Location||Presenter|
|Online||Online access will be provided after registration. The course can be taken anytime at your convenience and the poles will be shipped directly to you.||
Fri, Jan 27th
5:00 pm – 8:30 pm
St Mary’s Hospital – 3830, avenue Lacombe, Physiotherapy department, Room B-272, 514-734-2612
English presentation with bilingual instructor. For more information email Peter Vavougios
|Spring dates to be announced or contact us!|
Ask us about teaching this course onsite at your hospital, clinic or retirement to LTC home (min. 5 participants, depending on your location.)
This course is designed to provide information pertaining to:
- Orthopedic: Pre/post Hip or Knee surgery, OA, RTW, Injuries
- Neurological Conditions: CVA, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, ABI
- Chronic Conditions: COPD, Renal care, OP, Chronic Pain, Diabetes (fitness course may also be applicable)
- Older Adults: Geriatric Rehab; Retirement to LTC settings, Fall Prevention Programs
- Other: Cancer & Cardiac Rehab, Mental Health, Spinal Stenosis Surgery
- 3.5 hour course (live, online or onsite)
- 50-page online manual
- 1 set of ACTIVATOR poles or Urban Poles (reg. 99.99)
- Certificate for CEC credits with BCPRA, CCAA (CSEP and YMCA/YWCA upon request)
- Wholesale pricing for demo poles, group exercise programs and clinic sales
Note: Participants should only use this knowledge to work within their professional boundaries as determined by their association and college.
When walking on snow covered surfaces, remove the rubber tips to expose the carbide tip which will provide better traction. Add snow baskets to prevent the poles from sinking deep into the snow.
– Mandy Shintani, OT
Tips from the Best