ACTIVATOR™ Course for Rehab Professionals
Motivate your clients while significantly improving treatment outcomes for balance, core strength, posture, endurance; reducing impact on lower extremities and joints; and promoting functional gait patterns.
Learn how this dynamic evidence based patent pending tool is revolutionizing rehabilitation and is being used extensively in all continuum’s of health care and has many benefits compared to passive mobility devices such as canes, crutches and even walkers.
They have been instrumental in promoting an upright posture and a functional walking pattern compared to canes and walkers. In my opinion they facilitate rehabilitation and return patients to optimal function faster.”
Dr. Charles G. Fisher MD MHSc FRCSC, Past President of the Canadian Spine Society
- Research Review – 200 studies on walking poles on PubMed
- ACTIVATOR Poles & Technique
- Seated, standing & Pre-Gait Exercises
- Using the poles with orthopedic, neurology, older adults & spinal conditions
Nordic walking/Urban Poling technique for managing diabetes & cardiac rehab
- Videos of using the ACTIVATOR poles with different chronic conditions & innovative exercises with excerpts from leading physiotherapists including; Dr. Becky Farley PhD, Judy Boivin, Peter Vavougois, Lisa Roberts, Cathy McNorgan and researcher Dr. Daniel Bechard
Included in this new 2017 Course Edition:
- Monthly Newsletter
- ACTIVATOR Poles
- Online comprehensive Manual
Online 189.99 or Live 199.99
Onsite Course 500.00 (5-15) 1,000 (16-30) + travel expenses if applicable & excludes poles*
* Poles available for purchase at wholesale pricing.
▼ Live Course Dates
|City||Date & Time||Location||Presenter|
|London, ON||June 7th 2018
Canadian Centre for Activity and Aging, 1490 Richmond Street, London N6G 2M3
Course Title: The Ultimate Urban Poling Instructor Certification Course
|More Fall dates to be announced or contact us!|
Excerpt from the ACTIVATOR Course:
Note: Participants should only use this knowledge to work within their professional boundaries as determined by their association and college.
Proper technique allows you to get the maximum benefit from your Urban Poles. When in doubt go back to the 3P’s, Plant, Push Propel. Start slowly, if you become confused, stop & begin again.
–Barb Gormley, Director of Education
Tips from the Best