Getting Active at Every Age and Stage
With a shocking 70% of children leaving organized sports by the age of 13(1) and obesity rates on the rise(2), we know that we need to be introducing our children to activities that they can do across a lifespan whether they are 5 or 95 years of age!
This webinar will walk through some of the most important and challenging stages of life and present the research on why Nordic Walking/Urban Poling can be beneficial for each age group to ensure longevity and exercise adherence across a lifetime!
- Shocking Stats & A look into the Sport-Lifecycle Trends
- What is Nordic Walking?
- Research supporting Nordic Walking/Urban Poling for All Ages and Stages;
- Childhood (3-11 Years)
- Adolescence (12-18 Years)
- Adulthood (Pre/Post Natal, Weight Management & Disease Prevention, Pre/Post Hip/Knee)
- Seniors & Mitigating Falls
Date: June 26th 2018, 1 pm EST
Presenter: Gabriella De Nino, Registered Kinesiologist, CSEP-CPT & NCCP Certified Soccer Coach
Audience: Instructors, Healthcare Professionals and General Public
Proper technique allows you to get the maximum benefit from your Urban Poles. When in doubt go back to the 3P’s, Plant, Push Propel. Start slowly, if you become confused, stop & begin again.
–Barb Gormley, Director of Education
Tips from the Best