Urban Poling Nordic Walking Instructor Course
Urban Poling welcomes you to become a part of our ever-growing team of instructors. Urban Poling Inc. has proudly trained over 4,000 instructors in Canada for the past 14 years and in the last two years in the UK, Ireland, Australia and USA. The Urban Poling Instructor Course is a comprehensive course (offered both live and online) that teaches course participants the practical skills of Nordic walking and how to teach Nordic walking to others. You will learn everything you need to know about the Urban Poling Nordic walking technique and be provided with all the materials, tools and support you require to provide one-on-one sessions, group classes and educational demonstrations. Topics covered include:
- The Urban Poling Nordic walking technique
- How to teach the Urban Poling Nordic walking technique
- Correcting poor technique
- Warm-ups, cool-downs, high-intensity exercises and muscle conditioning
- An introduction to the ACTIVATOR poles and walking technique
- Starting a series of classes
- Starting your business
- and more
This course is ideal for: group exercise instructors, personal trainers, recreation/wellness directors, diabetes educators, health care professionals, teachers, walking/hiking group leaders, and aspiring small business owners. I found the course very informative and comprehensive, and the instructor was excellent. She made the course fun and interesting. I have been to a lot of courses and this one was one of the best. Nordic walking truly does give a great workout! – Kristine, Waterloo, Ontario The best prepared and supported online course, I have ever taken. – Margaret Parsons, Ontario Course includes:
- 1 pair of Urban Poles (reg. 99.99)
- Wholesale pricing on poles and accessories
- Monthly instructor newsletter
- Certificate for Continuing Education Credits (CECs) from 9 associations; canfitpro (2 for course + 4 for practicum), Canadian Centre for Activity & Aging (CCAA), Ontario Fitness Council (OFC) (4), British Columbia Recreation & Parks Association (BCRPA) (4), Saskatchewan Parks & Recreation Association (SPRA) (4), Manitoba Fitness Council (MFC) (3), Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association (AFLCA) (3) Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) & YMCA/YWCA upon request.
- The American College of Sports Medicine’s Professional Education Committee certifies that “Urban Poling Inc.” meets the criteria ACSM Approved Provider status from (2019 – December 2022). Approved Providers and their content reflect the concepts of their respective organizations and do not necessarily represent the positions or policies of ACSM. Provider-ship # 843871.
- ACSM approved provider-ship of this program does not imply endorsement of the sponsoring organization’s products/services.
Cost: 269.99 (online and live courses). Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for student rates and onsite group training.
Time Required: This is a 2.5 to 4 hour course. The online course can be completed on your own timeline. You will receive a link via email along with a special password to view the course on your computer. Course chapters consist of videos and PowerPoint Presentations with audio.Online Course Registration
|City,Province||Date||Location and details||Instructor|
Thursday, Nov 14, 2019 from 1 to 4:30 pm
Royal Distributing Athletic Performance Centre, 7384 Wellington Road 30, Guelph, ON
Cost: $269.99 (includes poles)
|Dolly Mehta & Diana Oliver
|Burnaby, BC||Saturday, Jan 18, 2020 from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm||
Fortius Sport and Health Centre, 3713 Kensington Ave, Burnaby, BC
Cost: $269.99 (includes poles)
|Trish Hunt Burnaby Registration|
|Toronto, ON||Sunday, Jun 7, 2020 from 11:30 am to 3:30 pm||
High Park (Toronto) or River Grove Community Centre, 5800 River Grove Ave, Mississauga
|Barb Gormley Toronto Registration|
Excerpt from the Instructor Online Course:
Presentor Bio – Barb Gormley Barb Gormley is a dynamic Canadian personal trainer, health and fitness writer and has been an Urban Poling Master Trainer since 2006. As Urban Poling’s Director of Education, she produces the company’s fitness educational materials. Barb is the author of the book, The Urban Poling Ultimate Guide to Nordic Walking and has written numerous national magazine articles on the benefits of Urban Poling. Barb has been featured on the CBC, and in the Toronto Star and Globe and Mail Note: Participants should only use this knowledge to work within their professional boundaries as determined by their association and college Cancellation Policy/Refund Policy: Course participants can expect a full refund (minus the $25 registration fee) up to one week prior to the course. Cancellations up to 48 hours prior to the course will receive 75% of the registration fee. With less than 48 hours notice, 50% of the registration fee will be returned.
Poles assist in maintaining proper posture but at times you may find yourself leaning forward. Remember to keep your spine erect, tummy tucked in, eyes forward, chin tucked and shoulders relaxed. And just one more thing to remember, have fun with it!
–Barb Gormley, Director of Education
Tips from the Best