The Power of UP In Your Community: Community Leaders Share Their Experiences
Join us on September 25th @ 12pm EST for an exciting and informative session on how Urban Poling has made a positive impact in the community straight from the voices of five amazing guest speakers!
Over the years we have heard several examples of how all kinds of people from different walks of life have reaped the power of the poles. Now it’s time to spread the word and hear first-hand from community leaders. Our speakers will be sharing their personal thoughts and stories with using Urban Poling as a program in their communities and sharing their tips and ideas, too. Learn from their insights and see for yourself how a set of poles can be the right step in the right direction. If you’re interested in running your own community programs, this webinar is for you.
Guest speakers include:
- Sharon Roy & Mwfawny McIntosh from the Rainbow Routes Association;
- Jennifer Steeds from the Brain Injury Association;
- Erin Northey from the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues;
- Video testimonials from “Project that Saved Lives of Thousands of People” Flemingdon Community Health Centre (Ontario Trillium Foundation 3 Year Initiative);
- Barb Gormley (Urban Poling’s Director of Education, Author & Fitness Guru)
Date: September 25, 2019
Time: 12 – 1pm EST
Facilitated by: Dolly Mehta, BSc, MSc, MMgt
*Please note that if you register for this webinar but cannot attend, you will be sent a recording.*
Poles assist in maintaining proper posture but at times you may find yourself leaning forward. Remember to keep your spine erect, tummy tucked in, eyes forward, chin tucked and shoulders relaxed. And just one more thing to remember, have fun with it!
–Barb Gormley, Director of Education