Active Rehab for Neurology
Find out why therapists and neurologists are recommending ACTIVATOR™ poles for improving gait pattern, balance, posture, mood and factors related to fall prevention. The ACTIVATOR™ poles and technique were designed by a therapist for improving safety and stability and are being prescribed as an alternative to canes and postponing or reducing the use of walkers (under the assessment of a therapist).
– Research Review (recent studies on Nordic walking & ACTIVATOR™ poles)
– Activator Technique developed for stability and normalizing gait pattern
– Why ACTIVATOR™ poles are effective for many neurology conditions including CP, Stroke, MS & Parkinson’s.
– Seated, Standing & Gait Training Exercises
– Tips for Group Exercise Programs
Guest Speaker: Keegan Bow, Neurological Therapist, Klint Intensive Neuro Therapies
Host: Mandy Shintani, OT, MA (Gero)
For: Therapists, PTA, OTA, Kins & StaffView Recorded Webinar
Poles assist in maintaining proper posture but at times you may find yourself leaning forward. Remember to keep your spine erect, tummy tucked in, eyes forward, chin tucked and shoulders relaxed. And just one more thing to remember, have fun with it!
–Barb Gormley, Director of Education
Tips from the Best