Power UP Conference Road Tour
After great success with our 2015 Power UP Conference in Toronto,
we’re taking it on the road to Ottawa, Niagara and Petrolia!
Urban Poling Power UP Conference
Beyond the Basics! Learn a ton of new program ideas and exercises for indoor/outdoor aerobic/bootcamp programs (run classes all year round), high intensity poling, weight management and perfecting your teaching skills.
Petrolia, Ontario: Sunday, April 24, 11am-3pm, at Circle Studio, 4215 Petrolia Line – CANCELLED
Presenter: Barb Gormley, Urban Poling director of education
2 canfitpro CECs (FIS, PTS, PFS, OAS)
11:00am-12pm – Urban Poling Nordic Walking Quick-Start Clinic ($10)
- No experience required! Learn the urban poling technique in one efficient session. Receive personal coaching and feedback, then head home with a handout to remind you of the technique and information you learned! Demo poles supplied. CECs not applicable.
- Pay at the door, but please email Barb to let us know you’ll be attending.
INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION PROGRAM – Level 1 and Level 2 ($139):
11:00am-3pm — Urban Poling Instructor Certification course Level 1 and Level 2 combined
- Beginner instructors learn the Urban Poling technique and how to teach it. Already certified Urban Poling instructors refresh, refine and polish their technique and teaching skills.
- Everyone participates in these Level 2 sessions: Exercises Galore! (warm-up, cardio, muscle conditioning and cooldown exercises); Teaching Tips, Tricks and Bright Ideas; and, Pain-Free Marketing Steps to Boost Your Class Numbers.
- Note: Each session will be very practical, offering specific ideas and techniques for improving your teaching skills, improving your participants’ poling technique, expanding your exercises-with-poles repertoire, and boosting your class participation numbers.
Questions? Contact Barb at email@example.com.
The most important aspect of Nordic walking is to just enjoy yourself. After a while, the technique will become second nature and you will feel confident, efficient, and ready to take on the world!
– Mandy Shintani, OT
Tips from the Best