Urban Poling (Nordic Walking) Instructor Certification
As Canada’s leading Nordic walking manufacturer, distributor and educator, Urban Poling welcomes you to become a part of our ever-growing team of instructors.
Urban Poling Inc. has proudly certified over 3,500 instructors in Canada, the U.S. and abroad. In fact, over the past 10+ years, we’ve certified instructors in each Canadian province and territory.
The Urban Poling Certification Course is a comprehensive course (offered both live and online) that teaches course participants the practical skills of Nordic walking and how to teach Nordic walking to others.
You will learn everything you need to know about the Urban Poling Nordic walking technique and be provided with all the materials, tools and support you require to provide one-on-one sessions, group classes and educational demonstrations.
Topics covered include:
- The Urban Poling Nordic walking technique
- How to teach the Urban Poling Nordic walking technique
- Correcting poor technique
- Warm-ups, cool-downs, high-intensity exercises and muscle conditioning
- An introduction to the ACTIVATOR poles and walking technique
- Starting a series of classes
- Starting your business
- and more
This course is ideal for: group exercise instructors, personal trainers, recreation/wellness directors, diabetes educators, health care professionals, teachers, walking/hiking group leaders, and aspiring small business owners.
I found the course very informative and comprehensive, and the instructor was excellent. She made the course fun and interesting. I have been to a lot of courses and this one was one of the best. Nordic walking truly does give a great workout!
– Kristine, Waterloo, Ontario
The best prepared and supported online course, I have ever taken.
– Margaret Parsons, Ontario
Onsite Course 500.00 (5-15) 1,000 (16-30) + travel expenses if applicable & excludes poles*
* Poles available for purchase at wholesale pricing.
▼ Live Course Dates
|City, Province||Date||Location and registration details||Instructor|
Wed, Sept 5
10:30 am – 3:30 pm
Michipicoten Community Centre
Includes ACTIVATOR program for older adults
Special $279.99 (Reg 450.00). To register, email email@example.com
Fri, Oct 26
10 am to 2:30 pm
Canmore Public Library in Elevation Place
Cost 199.99. $50 discount will be offered to those who register for the Thrive Health & Wellness Festival (details coming soon). To register please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 pair of Urban Poles (reg. 99.99)
- Wholesale pricing on poles and accessories
- Monthly instructor newsletter
- Certificate for Continuing Education Credits (CECs) from 9 associations; canfitpro (2 for course + 4 for practicum), Canadian Centre for Activity & Aging (CCAA), Ontario Fitness Council (OFC) (4), British Columbia Recreation & Parks Association (BCRPA) (4), Saskatchewan Parks & Recreation Association (SPRA) (4), Manitoba Fitness Council (MFC) (3), Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association (AFLCA) (3) Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) & YMCA/YWCA upon request.
Excerpt from the Instructor Certification Course:
Note: Participants should only use this knowledge to work within their professional boundaries as determined by their association and college.
When walking on snow covered surfaces, remove the rubber tips to expose the carbide tip which will provide better traction. Add snow baskets to prevent the poles from sinking deep into the snow.
– Mandy Shintani, OT
Tips from the Best