Urban Poling (Nordic Walking) Instructor Course
As Canada’s leading Nordic walking manufacturer, distributor and educator, Urban Poling welcomes you to become a part of our ever-growing team of instructors.
Urban Poling Inc. has proudly trained over 4,000 instructors in Canada, the U.S. and abroad. In fact, over the past 14+ years, we’ve trained instructors in each Canadian province and territory.
The Urban Poling Instructor Course is a comprehensive course (offered both live and online) that teaches course participants the practical skills of Nordic walking and how to teach Nordic walking to others.
You will learn everything you need to know about the Urban Poling Nordic walking technique and be provided with all the materials, tools and support you require to provide one-on-one sessions, group classes and educational demonstrations.
Topics covered include:
- The Urban Poling Nordic walking technique
- How to teach the Urban Poling Nordic walking technique
- Correcting poor technique
- Warm-ups, cool-downs, high-intensity exercises and muscle conditioning
- An introduction to the ACTIVATOR poles and walking technique
- Starting a series of classes
- Starting your business
- and more
This course is ideal for: group exercise instructors, personal trainers, recreation/wellness directors, diabetes educators, health care professionals, teachers, walking/hiking group leaders, and aspiring small business owners.
I found the course very informative and comprehensive, and the instructor was excellent. She made the course fun and interesting. I have been to a lot of courses and this one was one of the best. Nordic walking truly does give a great workout!
– Kristine, Waterloo, Ontario
The best prepared and supported online course, I have ever taken.
– Margaret Parsons, Ontario
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for onsite group training.
▼ Live Course Dates
|City, Province||Date||Location and registration details||Instructor|
|Grande Prairie, AB||June 1st 2019 from 10 am – 2:30 pm||
Boardroom #109 in The Community Village, Building C, on June 1st from 10 am – 2:30 pm
The cost of the course is $269.99 and includes a set of 300 series, 4 Life or ACTIVATOR poles and a course manual.
|River Grove Community Centre, Mississauga||Sunday, June 2, 2019, from 12 pm-4 pm||River Grove Community Centre, 5800 River Grove Ave,Mississauga, ON L5M 4R8 – Registration||Barb Gormley|
- 1 pair of Urban Poles (reg. 99.99)
- Wholesale pricing on poles and accessories
- Monthly instructor newsletter
- Certificate for Continuing Education Credits (CECs) from 9 associations; canfitpro (2 for course + 4 for practicum), Canadian Centre for Activity & Aging (CCAA), Ontario Fitness Council (OFC) (4), British Columbia Recreation & Parks Association (BCRPA) (4), Saskatchewan Parks & Recreation Association (SPRA) (4), Manitoba Fitness Council (MFC) (3), Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association (AFLCA) (3) Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) & YMCA/YWCA upon request.
- The American College of Sports Medicine’s Professional Education Committee certifies that “Urban Poling Inc.” meets the criteria ACSM Approved Provider status from (2019 – December 2022). Approved Providers and their content reflect the concepts of their respective organizations and do not necessarily represent the positions or policies of ACSM. Provider-ship # 843871.
- ACSM approved provider-ship of this program does not imply endorsement of the sponsoring organization’s products/services.
Excerpt from the Instructor Certification Course:
Note: Participants should only use this knowledge to work within their professional boundaries as determined by their association and college.
Walking with poles can help reduce fatigue during and after cancer treatment and has proven beneficial to those in breast cancer rehab. To read more about the research that supports the benefits of Nordic walking for cancer patients, visit the Your Health section of our website.
Tips from the Best