Urban Poling (Nordic Walking) Instructor Certification
As Canada’s leading Nordic walking manufacturer, distributor and educator, Urban Poling welcomes you to become a part of our ever-growing team of instructors.
Urban Poling Inc. has proudly certified over 3,500 instructors in Canada, the U.S. and abroad. In fact, over the past 10+ years, we’ve certified instructors in each Canadian province and territory.
The Urban Poling Certification Course is a comprehensive course (offered both live and online) that teaches course participants the practical skills of Nordic walking and how to teach Nordic walking to others.
You will learn everything you need to know about the Urban Poling Nordic walking technique and be provided with all the materials, tools and support you require to provide one-on-one sessions, group classes and educational demonstrations.
Topics covered include:
- The Urban Poling Nordic walking technique
- How to teach the Urban Poling Nordic walking technique
- Correcting poor technique
- Warm-ups, cool-downs, high-intensity exercises and muscle conditioning
- An introduction to the ACTIVATOR poles and walking technique
- Starting a series of classes
- Starting your business
- and more
This course is ideal for: group exercise instructors, personal trainers, recreation/wellness directors, diabetes educators, health care professionals, teachers, walking/hiking group leaders, and aspiring small business owners.
I found the course very informative and comprehensive, and the instructor was excellent. She made the course fun and interesting. I have been to a lot of courses and this one was one of the best. Nordic walking truly does give a great workout!
– Kristine, Waterloo, Ontario
The best prepared and supported online course, I have ever taken.
– Margaret Parsons, Ontario
Live 199.99 (or as specified)
Online re-certification 50.00 (recommended every 2 years)
Instructor Certification + ACTIVATOR Course $260.00
Register Now Refresher Course Registration Instructor + ACTIVATOR Course
If you don’t see the live course listed below, Contact Us about setting up an onsite course at your centre for as few as four participants (depending on your location). Our fantastic Master Trainers are available to teach across Canada.
|City||Date & Time||Location||Presenter|
|Online access will be provided after registration. The course can be taken anytime at your convenience and the poles will be shipped directly to you.||Mandy Shintani|
Fri, Jun 2
8:00 am – 12::00 pm
Royal University Hospital
Register with Kimberly: email@example.com or 306-229-9094
Sat, Jun 3
1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Presentation Language: Cantonese
|Calgary||Sun, Jun 4,
11:00 am – 3:30 pm
Calgary Winter Club, 4611 14 St NW, Calgary, AB T2K 1J7
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register
Sat, Jun 17,
2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
|Instructor Course + ACTIVATOR Course
YMCA Westmount (Bilingual presentation)
Sun, Sept 17
11:30 am – 3:30 pm
Sat Sept 23
8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Peak Energy Chiropractic
50 Majesty Ct, Hammonds Plains, NS B4B 0A7
Sat, Sept 23
12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Sat, Oct 14
8:00 an – Noon
Liquid Gym Training and Therapy Center
34 Stafford Rd, Nepean
Live course includes:
- 1 set of Urban Poles (reg. 99.99)
- Wholesale pricing on poles and accessories
- Monthly instructor newsletter
- Certificate for Continuing Education Credits (CECs) from 9 associations; canfitpro (2 for course + 4 for practicum *), Canadian Centre for Activity & Aging (CCAA), Ontario Fitness Council (OFC) (4), British Columbia Recreation & Parks Association (BCRPA) (4), Saskatchewan Parks & Recreation Association (SPRA) (4), Manitoba Fitness Council (MFC) (3), Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association (AFLCA) (3) Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) & YMCA/YWCA upon request.
Online course includes:
- All items listed above
- 2 hours video training and educational content
- Free shipping of poles included with the course in Canada and the US
Excerpt from the Instructor Certification Course:
Note: Participants should only use this knowledge to work within their professional boundaries as determined by their association and college.
Poles assist in maintaining proper posture but at times you may find yourself leaning forward. Remember to keep your spine erect, tummy tucked in, eyes forward, chin tucked and shoulders relaxed. And just one more thing to remember, have fun with it!
–Barb Gormley, Director of Education
Tips from the Best