Urban Poling (Nordic Walking) Instructor Certification
As Canada’s leading Nordic walking manufacturer, distributor and educator, Urban Poling welcomes you to become a part of our ever-growing team of instructors.
Urban Poling Inc. has proudly certified over 3,500 instructors in Canada, the U.S. and abroad. In fact, over the past 10+ years, we’ve certified instructors in each Canadian province and territory.
The Urban Poling Certification Course is a comprehensive course (offered both live and online) that teaches course participants the practical skills of Nordic walking and how to teach Nordic walking to others.
You will learn everything you need to know about the Urban Poling Nordic walking technique and be provided with all the materials, tools and support you require to provide one-on-one sessions, group classes and educational demonstrations.
Topics covered include:
- The Urban Poling Nordic walking technique
- How to teach the Urban Poling Nordic walking technique
- Correcting poor technique
- Warm-ups, cool-downs, high-intensity exercises and muscle conditioning
- An introduction to the ACTIVATOR poles and walking technique
- Starting a series of classes
- Starting your business
- and more
This course is ideal for: group exercise instructors, personal trainers, recreation/wellness directors, diabetes educators, health care professionals, teachers, walking/hiking group leaders, and aspiring small business owners.
I found the course very informative and comprehensive, and the instructor was excellent. She made the course fun and interesting. I have been to a lot of courses and this one was one of the best. Nordic walking truly does give a great workout!
– Kristine, Waterloo, Ontario
The best prepared and supported online course, I have ever taken.
– Margaret Parsons, Ontario
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for onsite group training.
▼ Live Course Dates
|City, Province||Date||Location and registration details||Instructor|
Fri, Oct 26
10 am – 2:30 pm
Canmore Public Library in Elevation Place
Sat, May 11th 2019
9 am – 1:30 pm
|Action Sport Physio
3300 boul. Côte Vertu
Saint Laurent QC
Conférencier: Peter Vavougios
- 1 pair of Urban Poles (reg. 99.99)
- Wholesale pricing on poles and accessories
- Monthly instructor newsletter
- Certificate for Continuing Education Credits (CECs) from 9 associations; canfitpro (2 for course + 4 for practicum), Canadian Centre for Activity & Aging (CCAA), Ontario Fitness Council (OFC) (4), British Columbia Recreation & Parks Association (BCRPA) (4), Saskatchewan Parks & Recreation Association (SPRA) (4), Manitoba Fitness Council (MFC) (3), Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association (AFLCA) (3) Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) & YMCA/YWCA upon request.
Excerpt from the Instructor Certification Course:
Note: Participants should only use this knowledge to work within their professional boundaries as determined by their association and college.
Poles assist in maintaining proper posture but at times you may find yourself leaning forward. Remember to keep your spine erect, tummy tucked in, eyes forward, chin tucked and shoulders relaxed. And just one more thing to remember, have fun with it!
–Barb Gormley, Director of Education
Tips from the Best