Urban Poling will donate 50% of the revenue to VEDA.
Denise is using Activator Poles with CoreGrip Handle.
Learn about the evidence-based ACTIVATOR® Program prescribed as best practices in Canada and internationally for conditions that affect balance . You and your clients will appreciate the versatility of the ACTIVATOR® program which will improve so many aspects of their health beyond balance and are also a practical tool to help you boost both product and service revenue. This program is also conducive to telehealth and will compliment other modalities you are currently using.
Find out how to use the therapist-designed ACTIVATOR® poles as an effective option to delay or reduce the use of passive mobility devices such as canes, crutches and walkers.
1. Understand research based on 10 ACTIVATOR® pole studies & 300 studies on Nordic walking (PubMed).
2. Perform the ACTIVATOR® technique for balance and normalizing gait pattern.
3. Discover an effective alternative to traditional passive mobility devices and guidelines for use (canes, crutches and walkers) .
4. Perform a series of dynamic exercises to use with your clients. Learn the proper technique and guidelines for adapted seated, standing and gait exercises with poles for individual, telehealth and group exercise programs.
5. Understand contraindications for use of poles for rehab.
6. Learn how to include the Urban Poling/Nordic walking technique to increase intensity for more active clients.
7. Differentiate your practice and services through this unique and new program in the USA and acquire new clients by leveraging this phenomenal form of fitness and active rehabilitation. Learn how to increase your revenue through this beneficial program! Professional/special pricing for poles available for rehab professionals.
Time: 4 hours – Presenter: Mandy Shintani, reg. OT (BC) & gerontologist.
reg. OT (BC) & gerontologist
Mandy Shintani, has been an occupational therapist for 30+ years and is a gerontologist. Fifteen years ago, with her skills as an OT, she developed the evidence-based Activator Poles (patented) and technique specifically for rehabilitation, which are the focus of 10 current studies. She is an international conference speaker on Nordic walking/urban poling for rehabilitation and fitness. Research on the Activator poles have been the focus of international presentations/posters including; International Stroke Congress, Canadian & UK National Physical Therapy Association Conference, International 200 years of Parkinson’s Disease in Australia, ACPIN Neuro conference (UK) and twice at the National Fall Prevention conference (Canada)
5,500+ therapists and wellness professionals in Canada, Australia, UK, Ireland and recently in the USA have completed the courses she developed for fitness and rehabilitation. She has been featured numerous times in national media and was a finalist in the prestigious YWCA Women of Distinction Award for Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
*If you have any conditions, consult your physician or rehab professional prior to using the ACTIVATOR poles
or if you currently use or have been recommended to use a mobility device for walking.