Active Rehab for Neurology
Find out why therapists and neurologists are recommending ACTIVATOR™ poles for improving gait pattern, balance, posture, mood and factors related to fall prevention. The ACTIVATOR™ poles and technique were designed by a therapist for improving safety and stability and are being prescribed as an alternative to canes and postponing or reducing the use of walkers (under the assessment of a therapist).
– Research Review (recent studies on Nordic walking & ACTIVATOR™ poles)
– Activator Technique developed for stability and normalizing gait pattern
– Why ACTIVATOR™ poles are effective for many neurology conditions including CP, Stroke, MS & Parkinson’s.
– Seated, Standing & Gait Training Exercises
– Tips for Group Exercise Programs
Guest Speaker: Keegan Bow, Neurological Therapist, Klint Intensive Neuro Therapies
Host: Mandy Shintani, OT, MA (Gero)
For: Therapists, PTA, OTA, Kins & StaffRegister Now
Proper technique allows you to get the maximum benefit from your Urban Poles. When in doubt go back to the 3P’s, Plant, Push Propel. Start slowly, if you become confused, stop & begin again.
–Barb Gormley, Director of Education
Tips from the Best