Power UP Conference Road Tour
After great success with our 2015 Power UP Conference in Toronto,
we’re taking it on the road to Ottawa, Niagara and Petrolia!
Urban Poling Power UP Conference
Beyond the Basics! Learn a ton of new program ideas and exercises for indoor/outdoor aerobic/bootcamp programs (run classes all year round), high intensity poling, weight management and perfecting your teaching skills.
Petrolia, Ontario: Sunday, April 24, 11am-3pm, at Circle Studio, 4215 Petrolia Line – CANCELLED
Presenter: Barb Gormley, Urban Poling director of education
2 canfitpro CECs (FIS, PTS, PFS, OAS)
11:00am-12pm – Urban Poling Nordic Walking Quick-Start Clinic ($10)
- No experience required! Learn the urban poling technique in one efficient session. Receive personal coaching and feedback, then head home with a handout to remind you of the technique and information you learned! Demo poles supplied. CECs not applicable.
- Pay at the door, but please email Barb to let us know you’ll be attending.
INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION PROGRAM – Level 1 and Level 2 ($139):
11:00am-3pm — Urban Poling Instructor Certification course Level 1 and Level 2 combined
- Beginner instructors learn the Urban Poling technique and how to teach it. Already certified Urban Poling instructors refresh, refine and polish their technique and teaching skills.
- Everyone participates in these Level 2 sessions: Exercises Galore! (warm-up, cardio, muscle conditioning and cooldown exercises); Teaching Tips, Tricks and Bright Ideas; and, Pain-Free Marketing Steps to Boost Your Class Numbers.
- Note: Each session will be very practical, offering specific ideas and techniques for improving your teaching skills, improving your participants’ poling technique, expanding your exercises-with-poles repertoire, and boosting your class participation numbers.
Questions? Contact Barb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walking with poles can help reduce fatigue during and after cancer treatment and has proven beneficial to those in breast cancer rehab. To read more about the research that supports the benefits of Nordic walking for cancer patients, visit the Your Health section of our website.
Tips from the Best