walkUp with Diabetes Package for Community Leaders
Regular physical activity helps to regulate blood glucose and increase insulin sensitivity. The more muscles that are used during exercise, the greater will be the benefits. This makes urban poling one of the best forms of fitness, as it uses 90% of the muscles and has the potential to burn up to 46% more calories, while providing both cardiovascular and strength training. Research shows that an activity such as urban poling has the potential to slow the progression of type 2 diabetes and even prevent onset all together. Urban poling may also be a great option for pregnant and breastfeeding women, as it is a safe mode of exercise which may reduce the risk of developing gestational diabetes.
Dr. Agnes Coutinho PhD
walkUP with Diabetes Package for Community Leaders Package Includes:
• Urban Poling Certification Course (live or online, depending on location)
• walkUP for Diabetes Course (online)
• 1 set of Urban Poling Spirit poles, which include snow baskets
• Urban Poling carry bag
• Diabetes lifestyle book and diabetes recipe book (Karen Graham)
• Stepscount pedometer
• Urban Poling Fitness Journal
• Canadian Obesity Network Resource Tools
• Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology Guidelines
• National Aboriginal Diabetes Association Promotional Material
Contact us to register for the community leader package and to purchase Urban/ACTIVATOR poles at wholesale pricing for group programming. Ask us about teaching this course at your centre (min. 10 participants, depending on location).
Cost: 299.00 (reg. 500.00)
Contact us to arrange for training.
Walking with poles can help reduce fatigue during and after cancer treatment and has proven beneficial to those in breast cancer rehab. To read more about the research that supports the benefits of Nordic walking for cancer patients, visit the Your Health section of our website.
Tips from the Best